When filling out a form, there are some questions that are critical and can't be skipped over. To make sure that users are filling out those questions before submitting their form, Redlist gives you the ability to make questions required. This will force users to answer the question before being allowed to submit the form
Steps to Using the Required Question Setting
- Click on the "Forms" button in the navigation bar on the left side of the screen
- Select "Manage" in the pop out menu that appears
- Click in the dropdown menu under "Select an existing template to edit or create a new one"
- Search for and select the form you would like to add this question setting to
- Find the question to want to make required
- Once you have found the question, click on the red and white "Edit" button with the pencil icon on the right side of the question to open up the question settings
- Click on the white and black "Required" button on the right side of the screen with the star icon
- Click into the box underneath "Required" This will give you three different option
- Always - This will require users to always answer this question regardless of any other conditions
- When - This requires users to answer this question when one other condition is met. Follow the steps below for setting up this option
- Click into the box underneath "Question"
- Choose which question to want the "Required" setting to be dependent on
- In the box below "Answered with" choose when to make this question required when a specific answer is given, or if no answer is given
- If a specific answer is required in order to make this question required, choose the "Any of the following answers (specified below)" option and then select which answers will trigger the "Required" setting.
- Click on the blue and white "Done" button in the bottom right corner of the window
- The "Required" setting is now set up for this question. Repeat steps 5 through 8 for any other questions that need to be required
- Click on any save button before navigating away from the page