When a user is submitting a form, we want them to be able to provide as much context as possible in their form. A great way to do this is by allowing them to take and attach photos of their observations while they are completing a form. This article outlines how to give users the ability to do just that
Steps to Using the File/Photo Question Setting
- Click on the "Forms" button in the navigation bar on the left side of the screen
- Select "Manage" in the pop out menu that appears
- Click in the dropdown menu under "Select an existing template to edit or create a new one"
- Search for and select the form you would like to add this question setting to
- Find the question to want to allow users to attach photos to
- Once you have found the question, click on the red and white "Edit" button with the pencil icon on the right side of the question to open up the question settings
- Click on the white and black "File/Photo" button on the right side of the screen with the paper clip icon
- Click into the box underneath "File/Photo" This will give you three different option
- Always - This will allow users to allows attach a photo to this question regardless of any other conditions
- When - This allows users to attach a photo to this question when one other condition is met. Follow the steps below for setting up this option
- Click into the box underneath "Question"
- Choose which question to want the "File/Photo" setting to be dependent on
- In the box below "Answered with" choose whether you want to give the users the ability to attach a photo to this question when a specific answer is given, or if no answer is given
- If a specific answer is required in order to give a user the ability to attach a photo, choose the "Any of the following answers (specified below)" option and then select which answers will trigger the "File/Photo" setting.
- If a photo is required in order for the form to be submitted, click the checkbox next to "Photo Is Required"
- Click on the blue and white "Done" button in the bottom right corner of the window
- This question is now set up to allow users to attach photos to it when submitting the form. Repeat steps 5 through 8 for any other questions that need to have photos attached to them
- Click on any save button before navigating away from the page