Permissions and Navigation
- Applies to Purchasing Subscribers
- Resources > Purchasing
Table of Content
Basics of Purchasing
The Purchasing Tool allows you to track and record purchases of Parts and Products. First, create Purchase Requests and optionally associate them with a Job or Work Order. Once accepted add them to a Purchase Order to then be received. Purchase Orders can then be received. You may receive Purchase Orders within Purchasing, on a Job, on a Work Order, and in Inventory depending on its association. All purchased parts and products are recorded within the inventory. Please review Inventory Management for additional information.
You may associate Purchase Order and Purchase Requests line items to a Job. To associate a Purchase Order line item navigate to Resources > Purchasing > P.O.s > Select the PO # > Select the Association Dropdown option. Work Order, Stock, or Employee. These associations are described below.
- Job: When associating a P.O. line item to a job you may receive and track these parts by navigating to Operations > Approvals Queue (Beta) > Selecting the associated job > PO
- Work Order: When associating a P.O. line item to a Work Order you may receive and track these parts by navigating to Maintenance/Operations/HSE > Select a Team Board > Select a Work Order > PO
- Stock: When associating a P.O. line item to Stock you may receive and track these parts by navigating to Resources > Inventory > Select the associated Part or Product
- Employee: Select an employee to track one-off costs for any given individual.
Purchase Requests may not be received until they are updated as Purchase Orders. Rejected requests may not be added to a Purchase Order. Add a new request by navigating to Resources > Purchasing > Purchase Requests > New Request. To reject a purchase request check the Resources > Purchasing > Purchase Requests > line Item > Reject.
- #: This is the part or product number.
- Inventory Item: This is the part or product description.
- Association: This is the association. See Association for more information.
- Available: This is the available part or product quantity recorded in inventory.
- Qty Requested: This is the quantity of the part or product requested.
P.O.s (Purchase Orders)
Tracking Purchase Order Activity
To track Purchase order Activity navigate to Resources > Purchasing > P.O.s > Click the PO # > Activity. Activity tracked includes updates to status, creation, and when it was received.
Purchase Order Status
Purchase Order Status may be changed by navigating to Resources > Purchasing > P.O.s > Status Dropdown on a line time. These statuses help you track the progress of a P.O. The available status include the following.
- Draft: This is the preliminary version of the P.O. To edit the draft select the PO #
- Sent: Mark a P.O. as sent when it's Saved, Downloaded, or Printed and Sent. The platform currently does not send out P.O.s
- Confirmed: Mark the line item once a P.O. is confirmed from the Vendor.
- Partially Fulfilled: Mark a P.O. as partially fulfilled if not all items were received.
Adding a Purchase Order
The Purchase Order table is available in multiple areas of the platform depending on the Purchase Orders association. This table is available in Purchasing, on a Job, on a Work Order, and in Inventory. Review Association for additional information. Purchase Orders may be immediately created or generated from Purchase Requests. Navigate to Resources > Purchasing > Purchase Requests > Check one or more requests > Add Purchase Order > Select a Vendor or New PO to generate a P.O. from a purchase request. To create an immediate P.O. navigate to Resources > Purchasing > P.O.s > New P.O. The following information is available when creating P.O.s
- PO#: This number is utilized when accepting P.O.s through Inventory.
- Status: Review Purchase Order Status for more details.
- Status Change Date: This is the date when the status was changed.
- Vendor: This is the vendor parts were purchased from. Review Inventory Management for more details.
- Association: Review Association for more details.
- Item #: This is the number of part line items for the given PO. This is not the quantity or amount of parts.
- Total Qty: This is the total number of all parts for the P.O.
- Amount: This is the total cost or unit price of all parts.
- Expected Date: This is the expected date of delivery. This field is updated during creation or editing.
Receiving a Purchase Order
A Purchase Order may be received in multiple areas of the platform. . To receive a Purchase Order Click PO # on the Purchase Order Table. See Association for details. Next click Receive > fill out the received amount > Recieve & Complete (Select Recieve if partially complete). Within the Inventory, you may also receive all items based on a P.O. #. To do so, navigate to Resources > Inventory > Receive. You may review historical fully received P.O.s by navigating to Resources > Purchasing > P.O.s > Completed.