Navigation & Permissions
- Applies Certification Subscribers
- For full details on permissions please review User Management.
- HSE > Certifications or Operations > Certifications
Table of Contents
There are four types of certifications that you can create on the platform Assets, Clients, Employees, and Locations. These are helpful when needing to distinguish certifications. Once created you may review the status and expiration date by selecting the certification card > type tab*.
- Assets: Applying a certification to an Asset allows you to track the expiration date for the assigned Asset.
- Clients: Applying a certification to a Client allows you to track the expiration date for the assigned Client.
- Employees: Applying a certification to an Employee allows you to track the expiration date for the assigned Employee.
- Locations: Applying a certification to a Location allows you to track the expiration date for the assigned Location.
Statuses include Missing, Expired, Upcoming, and Valid.
- Missing: Missing Status displays when an employee is assigned to a role that requires a certification. To learn more please review Employee Roles and Certifications.
- Expired: Expired Status displays when any certification passes the expiration date.
- Upcoming: Upcoming Status displays when any certification is due within 30 days the status will update to upcoming.
- Valid: Valid Status displays when any certification is current beyond 30 days.
Activity is tracked on all certifications. When updates occur such as when certifications get renewed, or new individuals, assets, locations, or clients get added the history is tracked. To view this history Select a Certification Card > Type Tab* > Select the Line Item > Activity
Certification rules may be reviewed by selecting a certification card > rules. To edit and update certification rules select a certification card > edit.
Set recertification rules to keep certifications up to date. Assign a form to the certification to auto-renew the certification. The next due date is determined by the frequency and Update Certification Due Date rules.
- Frequency: Set the number of days, weeks, months, and years a certification is valid.
- Update Certification Due Date:
- Form Certification Date: New expiration date will be calculated from the certification date
- From Last Expiration Date: New expiration date will be calculated from the previous expiration date
- Forms: Select Add Form and assign a form to the certification to auto-renew the certification. Form options will only display when an associated dropdown is applied to the Form Templates e.i. Employee and Asset dropdown field questions. Locations certification types do not support form renewal.
- For Employee certifications, you may force apply the certification based on an asset model. Asset Models are updated on the Asset Profile. See Asset Management for more details.
Notification may be sent to an employee role or group of employees select Notify Role in order to assign the group to be notified. Review Employee Roles and Certifications to create and manage these roles. Additionally, these notifications can be sent when certifications are first assigned, before expiration, or both. For employee type certifications you may notify the assigned employee as well.
Tasks do not renew certifications. Select Generate Task to create tasks for any certification. These tasks will generate for a certification when they first get assigned, before expiration, or both. Optionally allow these generated tasks to skip the pending queue. See Boards for more information. Lastly, select which board to generate the task on, this is required.
Certification files may be reviewed by selecting a Certification card > Files. This displays all files on every individual line item for the selected certification. Individual files on an individual line item may be viewed by selecting the Line Item Name > Docs.
Employee Roles and Certifications
Certifications may be placed directly on an employee role. These will display on the certification page. If an employee is assigned to the role but does not have the certification their certification status will be missing. To assign a certification to an employee role navigate to Settings > Employee Roles > Select an Employee Role Card or Add Role > Certifications > Add Certifications. The Certifications must first be created before assigning them to an Employee Role.