Available In: Operations & Field Services
For full details on permissions please review User Management
For admins to have access to manage time management tools they need to have: View, create, updated, and delete permissions for; Time approvals, Time Keeping Settings, and Time Tracking.
Time Tracking Settings: Settings > Time Keeping
Field users need Time Tracking permissions to be able to utilize time tracking on mobile and web.
Web Navigation: Clock Icon (Located in the upper right-hand corner)
Mobile Navigation: Time or Tools > Time
Table of Contents
Basics of Time Tracking
Time Tracking Management only applies to time recorded for employees and not billable time on jobs or service tickets. Many companies track time to then manage Payroll. To do this, a Payroll report must be built separately. To request a payroll report please contact your Account Executive or email email@example.com for a quote. Please be aware that time may only be submitted up to the present moment and not in the future.
Time is tracked by timers of which there are two types Assignment Timers and Time Punches. Assignment timers link additional job assignment information to a timer. Such as when an employee gets dispatched to a job. Time punches do not link job assignment information and only track the employee the time is associated too. Employees may create their timers for any job they are assigned to, whether on an individual assignment or within the assigned crew field. See Operations Management > How do you dispatch an employee?
There are two areas where timers may be created. These are on the Web app and iOS app.
Employee Profile Settings
Admin > Employee > Select an Employee Profile
Employee profile settings must be considered when managing timers. These two settings are Enable Assignment Timers and Salaried.
Enable Assignment Timers: To learn more please review
Salaried: If an employee is marked as salaried. Their assignment timers will not display in the approvals queue albeit they will be able to create them for themselves.
Admin Time Keeping Settings - Web App
Settings > Time Keeping > Rules
Time Keeping Rules
Rules may be applied generally to employee timers.
- Pay Period Start: Select any day of the week to be the beginning of the pay period.
- Overtime Applies: Apply overtime rules weekly after forty hours or daily after eight hours
Weekend Overtime Rules
For Saturday and Sunday, you may apply time in a half or double time rules.
Paid/Unpaid Time Off for Assignment Types
Assign Paid Time Off or Unpaid Time Off rules to assignment types. Assignment types are found in Settings > Jobs > Assignment Types. Assignment types link employee roles and assets. Additionally, they are assigned to Bill as Types. The link to Bill as Types determine these time-keeping rules.
Time Submission Rules
- Forms Required to Submit: When checked, this rule will require form submissions if a form is attached to the Bill as Type.
- Auto-Submit Timers upon submission of Service Tickets: When checked this rule will submit time associated with a service ticket.
- Require timer tags: This requirement will force users to apply a timer tag before submission of weekly time.
This is a list of the Timer Tags available to be applied to a specific timer. Once created these will be available to the field using a mobile device.
- Tap Add Type
- Fill in the name and description
- Tap Create
Time Tracking Approvals - Web App
If permissions allow, you may view the submitted timer of all employees. Here you may view, approve, reject, edit or comment on all-timers.
Managing Time Tracking Approvals
- Navigate to Time Tracking > Approvals
- Adjust the desired date range by clicking the date range
- Adjust the desired filters and employee dropdown
- Multi or individually select timers to approve or reject
- IN and OUT Time may be highlighted in red if time overlaps for an employee
- Click the blue Actions button to apply the desired changes
- Optionally select approve or reject on an individual line timer
You may also Export, Delete, or Add New Entry(s) by clicking the Actions button on the top right.
The blue comment bubble icon will display red if an unread comment is applied by an employee to the timer. You may optionally respond.
Assignment Timers and Time Punches - Web App
A toggle setting, Assignment Timers, on an employee profile allows access to link timers to any assigned job assignment. If this setting is not toggled for users, they may only submit time punches not associated with any job. Employees may still submit time even if the salaried toggle is selected on an employee profile.
If assignment timer employee setting is deselected
- Click the clock icon on the top right corner of the screen
- Click Clock in/out depending on your current status
- If these timers need to be corrected please review "How do I manage time entries?"
If assignment timer employee setting is selected
- Click the clock icon on the top right corner.
- Select the appropriate date
- Click New Timer
- Optionally select a job - doing so will create an assignment timer on that job
- You must be assigned to the job either on an individual assignment or within the assigned crew
- Fill out the reason for timer creation
- Select the appropriate start and end time
- Click Create Timer.
- Once created, Add New Time to the day, Save, or Finalize Day. Finalizing the day will submit the timer for approval. Optionally select the comment bubble to edit the reason for timer creation. If the time is rejected and a reason is given. Please review the comment bubble for additional context.
If you would like to review your complete time card navigate to Time Tracking > My Timers. Here you may review your whole time card and the status of each timer. Optionally adjust the date range and filters provided. Optionally edit a timer by individually selecting the timer line item. Overlapping time will be highlighted in red. There are no date-range limitations on the Web app.
Assignment Timers and Time Punches - iOS/Android
To find your timers on iOS select Time on the bottom navigation bar. If not available please check Tools > Time. This view displays timers for two weeks in the past and two weeks in the future. Time may already be assigned if dispatched to the job.
Edit a Timer:
- Tap on the time card
- Tap your name
- Adjust to the appropriate start and end time
Add a new timer
- Tap add time on the appropriate date
- Optionally tap Job (optional) to create an assignment timer. This will associate a job to the timer
- Select a Bill as Type - This connects the appropriate rate and form to the timer
- Adjust to the appropriate start and end time
- Optionally add a tag these may be required
- Optionally add notes
- Tap Add
Optionally split a timer
- Tap and hold a time card
- Tap Split
- Optionally adjust the time - Review "Edit a Timer"
Required forms on a timer
If a timer displays a red form icon, this indicates a required form must first be submitted on the job. To find this required timer:
- Tap the time card
- Scroll down until you see the red form icon under inspections
- Tap the form, fill out the information, and submit
If a red attention triangle icon is displayed on a time card. This indicates that two timers are overlapping. These must be corrected before a time submission is accepted.
Time is submitted by week. Future time may not be submitted only reviewed and edited.
- Optionally slide the week bar left or right to select the desired week. Only three weeks in the past are available and two in the future.
- Once error indicators are addressed tap Submit on the top corner
- Wait for the sync bar to finish pushing changes