In Redlist's operations module, line items, called Bill as Types in Redlist, can be added for each needed item in a job. These can be any billable or non-billable item that may need to be included in a service job or a quote for a customer. Bill as Types can be added to an account in two ways: by importing a list of them using one of the templates provided in the "Import" tool or by manually creating them.
This article provides step-by-step instructions for manually creating Bill as Types in Redlist's operations module.
Step 1: Click on "Settings" then select "Billing"
Step 2: Click on "Add Type"
Step 3: Enter a name for the new Bill as Type
Step 4: Optional - Select a Bill as Category from the dropdown list
Step 5: Optional - Select an Assignment Type from the dropdown list
Note - This is required if you want to add this Bill as Type to a job template.
Step 6: Optional - Select an Asset Class from the dropdown list.
Step 7: Optional - Set additional settings using the check boxes
There are four additional settings that can be turned on:
- Billable: This marks an item as billable and allows it to be added to invoices.
- Active: This marks an item as active and allows it to be added to jobs, quotes, invoices, and service tickets.
- Include in Production Schedule: This enables the Bill as Type to be added to the jobs calendar in "Scheduling" and allows assets and employees to be assigned to it.
- Include in Task Timers: This allows Bill as Types to be associated with maintenance tasks when maintenance is being performed for a customer.
- Form Templates: This dropdown allows users to associate a form with the Bill as Type. This will automatically attach this form to the Bill as Type on every job that the Bill as Type is added to.
Step 8: Click "Create" to save the new Bill as Type
Please sign in to leave a comment.