Users are individuals with the ability to log in to the platform. Permissions limit a user's access to the platform and are assigned by user role. Usernames work across all platforms, Web App, iOS App, and Android App.
Your username and password represent a user in the system. Get more users to track your entire team in Operations, Maintenance, and HSE reporting. Please contact your Account Executive if you need users across multiple accounts or contact support.
Navigation & Permissions
- Applies to all subscriptions
- Administrator Permissions Required
- Admin > Users > Add User
Table of Contents
Available User Fields
Click a user to view and set their settings.
- User Image: Add an optional image to recognize the user on the user profile.
- *First Name & Last Name: Include the first and last name to identify the user from the user table.
- *Email and Password: These settings control how the user logs into the platform. You may change them here. Please be aware that only one unique username may be utilized across all Redlist accounts.
- *Roles: Apply a role(s) to the user. This represents the permission group that the user is assigned to. If the user is assigned to multiple groups the checked permission(s) will override any unchecked restrictions in other permission groups.
- Language: Optionally set a different language for the user. English, French, and Spanish are available. This will not translate information manually input into the system.
- iOS & Android Users: The app language will not change to the users' settings unless the language settings for the device are updated.
- Employee: Link an employee email to this user. This will connect them to be notified by email or text where applicable throughout the platform. Select Create check box if an employee is not yet available to link to. This may cause duplicates in the employee table if an employee of the same name is already created
- Active: Mark a user as inactive to remove their ability to log in as well as viewability throughout the platform. If the username is desired by another user, the inactive username must be changed first.
- Scan QR Code to Clock In: If this setting is selected the user may clock in with a QR Code. This code must be printed and generated within the platform under the QR Code Generator tool.
* field is required
Add a new role to group users and their permissions. This is often utilized to limit users across regions or responsibilities. Once a role is added this option becomes available in the permissions table.
In this table select a role to edit permissions. A detailed description of this table and each permission is provided below.
To allow the user to view and access certain areas in the app
To allow adding new things like new parts, assets, and people
To allow editing information on assets, people, tasks, etc.
To allow deleting data
To prohibit users to access certain areas of the app
To NOT allow adding new things
To NOT allow editing of existing data
To NOT allow deleting data
Some permission sections have a (+) that allows you to specify certain items that are available to the user. To close the section click the (-) button.
- Application Types: This data represents the different component types that are serviced.
- Assets: The Asset Table contains all of the trackable pieces of equipment.
- Boards: This is the permission to utilize Work Boards. Select the (+) button to find individual forms and assign the view, update, and delete permissions.
- Certifications: The certifications table contains certifications for both Assets and Employees. Currently, no notifications may be set up for certifications on Assets.
- Company Settings: A page to set up company information that will go on forms, quotes, service tickets, etc.
- Component Tasks: Work that is scheduled repeatedly.
- Components: This setting limits a user to edit components on assets. They currently will still be able to view them despite the view permission being deselected.
- Documents: This is the permission to utilize documents.
- Employees: A table containing information specific to each employee.
- Form Creation: This is the permission to build forms.
- Form Submission:This is the permission to submit forms. Select the (+) button to find individual forms and assign the view permissions.
- Locations:This is the table to manage asset locations.
- Notifications: This is the permission to manage who receives different types of notifications.
- Preventative Maintenance: This is the table that manages the reliability tool and all settings that belong to it.
- Product Groups: These permissions are for group products/parts from the inventory table.
- Production Assignments: This permission lets a user receive job assignments that the user is designated to perform.
- Production Jobs: This permission lets a user create jobs in the production tool.
- Production Lists: These are all of the production tool settings.
- Products: This is the inventory table for parts.
- Projects: This doesn’t currently do anything.
- Quick View: This is the visual mapping tool in Redlist.
- Regions: The table that contains all of the different branches.
- Reporting: This is the visual dashboard tool by selecting the + button you can specify what reports the user has viewed or update access to.
- Roles: Roles represent a table containing all of the job titles in the company.
- Task Routes: These are recurring work orders that have tasks grouped under them through the reliability suite.
- Task Templates: Task templates serve as a library for what type of tasks are performed on certain components.
- Tasks: Managing and creating tasks from the reliability suite.
- Time Approvals: This permission limits or allows a user to access Time Tracking > Approvals page.
- Time Keeping Settings: This permission limits or allows a user to access the Settings > Time Keeping page.
- Time Tracking: Ability to use and/or manage the timekeeping module.
- Users: Manage the user login credentials for employees and their permissions.
- Vendors: This is a table that contains a list of all of the vendors.
- Work Orders: This represents how work order assignment queues in the reliability tool can be used. Select the (+) button to find individual forms and assign the view permissions.
Adding A User
To add a user first please confirm with your Account Executive the allowed user amount or contact support. If the user count exceeds the contractual agreement, additional costs may apply.
Add a user by navigating to Admin > Users > Add User. Administrator permissions are required.
Please be aware that only one unique username may be utilized across all Redlist/MSAM accounts, even if they are inactive. If you wish users to have access to multiple accounts, they will need to be set up as client managers. Please contact your Account Executive or contact support if you have any questions.